Start by gathering your supplies:
- Cut felt to the width of the notebook.
2. Glue to top of notebook. Cut excess off the end.
3. Cut a strip of felt about 1” wider than your crayons.
4. Start by gluing the strip on one end, close to the outside corner.
5. Place a crayon for spacing, then add a line of glue. Carefully press the felt down. Hold for a minute, allow to cool slightly.
6. Keep adding more crayons and more lines of glue.
7. Make sure to press the felt down well between each crayon.
8. Keep adding crayons until you get to the end.
9. Cut another strip of felt to use as a flap. Cut to size, and glue in place.
10. Add glue to the ends of the crayon pockets, and press down.
11. Your notebook is complete… if you want…… or you can use fabric paint to decorate it and add embellishments.
Tuck your crayon notebook into your child’s busy bag, or in the car to have handy the next time creativity strikes!